Life Management Center
Charleston South Carolina
Smile Wrinkles: Prevention Tips
Every individual will naturally develop smile wrinkles around their mouth. It can even occur in areas surrounding the eyes. These natural lines appear more visibly every time we smile. Some individuals do not care about these lines at all, while others do. So, if you are one of those individuals who seem to be affected by these lines, visit the dralanevans.com.au site. You can make your appointment with them.
As you age, these lines will be more visible, and it will undoubtedly occur. However, how can you prevent wrinkles from being too obvious, especially in your facial features? Let me give you some of the potential options that you can do work on those fine lines. Initially, let us first enumerate what causes these fine lines.
Common causes of smile wrinkles
Repetitive facial movements also cause smile wrinkles. We may not be aware of them or probably, really don’t care at all. Here are some causes why these wrinkles occur.
- Facial expressions, such as frowning, smiling, or laughing.
- A loss of collagen in the skin that results in skin’s inelasticity.
- An individual with dehydrated skin can also make fine lines more visible.
- Additionally, genetics is also a factor.
- If you are a smoker, it also contributes to developing facial wrinkles.
- Excessive sun exposure can cause skin damage that will even add up to your existing facial lines.
If you are prone to these causes and wrinkles are bothersome to you, you might need to reduce your exposure to these causes. On the other hand, you can try doing some preventive measures.
Tips to prevent wrinkles
We have listed below some of the natural and simple ways that you can do to reduce or prevent wrinkles in your face. Sometimes, good lifestyle habits are the key to avoid facial wrinkles.
- You can do exercises that will allow you to reduce the lines around the corners of your mouth. These exercises can also work well to tighten the skin of your face. Additionally, practices are also available to work the lines around your eyes.
- In terms of sun damage, you can work it out by using a sunscreen every day. Sunscreens are already widely available.
- Drink plenty of water to keep you hydrated. Aside from that, it would be best to avoid drinking too much caffeine and alcoholic beverages.
- Apply moisturizer after washing your face. However, you have to ensure that the moisturizer you will use matches your skin type.
- You can also try putting rubbing oils, such as coconut oil, over the lines. Applying lemon juice on your lines is also preferred. However, it would be best to avoid it from getting into your eyes if you were extra careful.
These remedies may or may not prevent wrinkles from occurring or being visible. Some of them may even take time to see the results.
On the other hand, you can undergo treatments that can work on these lines and expect visible results. Otherwise, if you can’t afford such treatments, you can try applying makeup to hide those lines. Tutorials are widely available on social media sites.
Treatments to reduce or remove fine lines
Medical solutions are existing to help individuals who are not fond of having facial lines.
- Injectable fillers: This option is non-surgical and the most sought-after choices of every individual when getting rid of smile lines. The doctor will inject this at the crease that goes from the mouth to the nose. You can immediately notice the effects after injection. On the other hand, if you are not satisfied with it, you can ask your doctor to reverse it. Side effects can occur in this option, such as headaches or allergic reactions.
- Botox (Botulinum toxins): This type of filler directly injects the substance into the exact area of concern. The chemical substance weakens muscles in the injected area. In effect, wrinkles and facial lines become relaxed and less noticeable. Side effects may include headache, redness, or irritation at the site of injection. On the other hand, this treatment can only last for three months approximately.
- Surgery: If you choose to undergo this treatment option, it can provide you results that can last longer. A facelift or rhytidectomy is the most known permanent solution for smile lines. Using this treatment will work out the lines from your mouth and eyes simultaneously. The major side-effect an individual can encounter after the treatment is infection.
- Laser treatments: It is the process of skin resurfacing that will remove the skin’s top layer. It focuses on decreasing skin spots and wrinkles by revealing the new skin. Common side effects are swelling and pain. Scarring and infection can potentially occur as well.
- Collagen induction therapy: They also refer to it as micro-needling or skin needling that increases natural collagen production. More collagen can fill in the wrinkles. Bruising and redness are possible after this treatment.
Other options to prevent wrinkles
Aside from the treatment options that we mentioned, you can also consider the following.
- Over-the-counter creams: You can buy these creams at an affordable price. Creams with sufficient retinol content are effective in breaking down free radicals that cause wrinkles. Those creams with Vitamin C, peptides, and hydroxy acids can also work for your wrinkles.
- Home light treatment: LED lights can also help treat wrinkles, which you can do at home. LED lights are capable of increasing collagen.
- Essential oils: Several essential oils can also help you with your wrinkles. However, you have to make sure that you don’t have an allergic reaction.
Smile wrinkles are inevitable. It is a natural process that you will undergo as you age. However, preventive measures and treatment options are available for you.
However, it would be best to have a professional skin conversation before doing anything to your smile wrinkles. This way, you will get to choose the best option for you.
Furthermore, wrinkles will never define what we have in the package. Smile wrinkles only represent how much we have laughed in this life’s journey.
Keep smiling! Keep laughing! Your facial lines are proof a well-enjoyed life. Ya-ha!