What do you think a dental office emergency kit should have? Well, the answer to that question is base on specific requirements that are set by the board of each particular dental state. There are essential needs that the dentist needs to add in emergency kits. Depending on states, some of them have more accurate emergency kits and dentists are advised by The Dentist Insurance Company to analyze it with their respective dental company for more detailed things to be included in the dental office emergency kit. If you’re looking to fill your dental office emergency kit, Critical Dental – one of Sydney’s top dental suppliers has the dental kit essentials that you might be looking for.
The prerequisite standard still stands as the standard list for dental office emergency kit.
- Orange Juice or any other instant source of glucose
- Asthma Inhaler or Bronchodilator
- Aerosol spray, sublingual tablet or a nitroglycerin
- Injectable histamine-blocker
- Injectable epinephrine 1:1000
- A positive-pressure administration capability oxygen.
Besides these items that are listed above, you may also add some additional items listed down below.
- CPR pocket mask
- Aromatic ammonia
- Tonsillar suction
- Aspiration Tips
- High-volume suction
- Blood pressure monitoring equipment
Here are the Occupational Safety and Health Administration lists for a proper dental office emergency kit.
- Adhesive Tapes
- Two elastic wraps
- Resuscitation bag
- Gloves made up of a latex
- Two bandages in the shape of a triangle
- Adhesive bandages (preferably one box)
- A blanket, if possible two of them
- At least one package of gauze roller bandage with at least 2 inches each
- Sealed wet towels
- Wound cleaning agent
- 3 Large gauze pads
Below are the two types of lists given for a dental office emergency kit, one that is essential and the other is additional.
So these are the additional items that you could add as an extension of the items that are in the essential list. Just remember to check the expiration dates of the respective drugs on a regular basis to prevent any problems in the future.